The 2017 Scranton Fringe Festival is a censor-free celebration of the performing arts, returning for its third year to downtown Scranton Wed September 27th thru Sunday October 1st. Theatre, dance and so much more will fill multiple venues throughout downtown Scranton and play to thousands of audience members.
For the first time ever Scranton Fringe is thrilled to be presenting the Scranton Fringe Festival Stand Up Showcase, a head to head competition for regional and touring stand up comics. This event will feature an eclectic mix of comics with their own unique voices.
The showcase will take place on the evening of Friday September 29th 2017 at Levels in downtown Scranton. The showcase will be the featured late night event for the Friday of the 2017 Scranton Fringe Festival. All performers 18 years of age or older are eligible to apply.
Comics from any region are welcome to apply! The judges will be made up of a small panel, made up of primarily out-of-town guests to ensure as fair a scoring process as possible. Two prizes will be awarded:
1st Place / Judges Pick – Winner receives a check for $200, trophy and a feature on the Scranton Fringe blog.
Audience Favorite – Winner receives $75 in gift cards to various businesses and a feature on the Scranton Fringe blog.
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND:
- The showcase will be held Friday September 29th 2017 (doors at 9:30 PM, comedy to start at 10:00 PM).
- The venue is Level Bar and Grill (519 Linden St, Scranton, PA 18503)
- The performance space is a large 4th floor club/venue with wheelchair/elevator accessibility for all patrons. Wheelchair accessible restrooms are also available in the venue. Food and drink will be for sale during the event. One must be 21+ with valid ID to enter the bar area.
- Scranton Fringe and/or the venue will provide all needed tech / staffing (sound system, microphone, lighting, tech operator, box office, etc)
- All comics selected will be given a five (5) to eight (8) minute slot.
- The line up will be finalized in mid August to ensure all comics have advanced notice, though the exact order will not be determined till the night of based upon a random drawing.
- Scranton Fringe will operate/manage the box office.
- All comics are granted two (2) guest passes to the showcase, to be distributed at their discretion.
- All prizes will be awarded the night of following the showcase conclusion.
- A small “green room” area will be provided for all featured comics. Guests are not permitted in the green room area.